Pages

Sunday 22 January 2017

Akeem My Love.

Akeem was tall, dark and had a small round dimple whenever he smiled. He was the first child of his father. As a student, he paid his tuition by himself. His father has been sick for eight years. He worked as a barber after his classes. I met him when I followed Victor, my former boyfriend to cut his hair. Then, I thought he was just an ordinary barber. And when I later met him in the University’s sport center, I realized he was also a student.


I soon fell in love with Akeem when I met him the third time. This time, it was at the bus stop we took shelter in when the rain poured heavily. He was on a neat jean and blue tamarind colored shirt. I still remember the clothes because the clothes were a contrast to what I usually see him wear in his off-campus saloon. He smiled at me, walked me up to my hostel, and I gave him my contact.

One thing led to another, then I ditched Victor for Akeem. He told me how he paid the tuition of his siblings through his barbing business. I loved him, not only because he was hardworking, but also because he gave me some stipends to take care of my needs. Unlike Victor who was just as dry as a toothpick. He was a church rat.

Akeem was nice. He took me out for events. Made sure I was satisfied. Although he hardly gives me attention. But what he lacked in attention he made up with cash. Money. To me, it was all that mattered. And in a short while I became obsessed with him. But Papa has since sworn his disapproval of our relationship. Akeem was a Muslim. But that is currently not my fear.

Its two years since I met Akeem. And I am currently two months pregnant for him. That is not also my fear. My fear is, what Papa will do when he finds out that I am going to be the second wife of Akeem. He may send me out of the house; which is what I initially wanted. But where will I go, since Akeem just died yesterday.

Ezekiel Efeobhokhan
600 level Pharmacy
UNIBEN

EzekielTrisler
Changing lives through creative write-ups…

Contact EzekielTrisler™ via;
Email: ezekielefeobhokhan@yahoo.com
Whatsapp: +2348024994798
Twitter: @ezekieltrisler
Instagram: @ezekieltrisler
BBM: 5607F768

2 comments: